Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to Jack!

Happy Birthday to our Jack Jack! In some ways it's hard to believe he's two but I also can't remember life without him. He's such a fun little boy. He never stops moving so you always have to keep your eyes on him. He's also very independent and likely to take off and explore whenever we're out with him. So, again...you have to keep your eyes on him. Jack is also very spirited. He can find humor in anything. Last week I said 'uh-huh' to him and he was giggling so hard he wasn't breathing when he tried saying it back. I don't get it but watching his fits of laughter makes me laugh, too. He's just always smiling and giggling. We are so blessed to have this little person in our lives and can't wait to see what his future holds.

 Jack loves Elmo. Really, really loves Elmo. If you've ever seen Elmo's World, you know they always have a classic birthday cake and will ask questions like "Does a birthday cake have a nose?" Because of this, Jack is very aware of what a birthday cake is and whenever we'd ask him if he was excited for his birthday, he'd ask if he gets a cake. I was planning on making a 'cool' cake like a 3D Elmo or a train but Chris reminded me of how much Jack identifies with the classic birthday cake so I made a very Elmo-ish birthday cake for him on his actual birthday. He loved it!
video


Today we had a party for Jack at Spring Canyon park. It's a great park because they have tons of cool playground equipment and a big fountain area for the kids to play in. I am kicking myself because I'm so bad at taking photos that I always forget. I did manage to take a few to commemorate the event. This first one is our friends Kelly (left),  Tiffany (middle), and Robb is holding Sydney. I think Sydney is in love. She even cuddled up on Robb and fell asleep during the party.


And here's our little birthday boy! He may never remember this birthday party but we know he certainly enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment